Wheelhouse Chili Cook-Off
October 3, 2020
Entry Fee: $100
- Complete applications must be turned in to the Wheelhouse restaurant no later than 5:00 pm, October 2, 2020. No entry will be accepted after 5:00 pm, October 2, 2020.
- Electricity will not be provided.
- A container will be furnished for Judge’s samples. All remaining chili will be sold to the public with the proceeds going to the PNG High School Project Graduation.
- Your cooking area must be left clean. Clean up involves picking up paper, leftover food, grease spills, and decorations. Trash cans will be provided for your convenience.
- You can start setting up at your designated cooking area at 7:00 am the morning of the cook-off. Cooking will begin at 8:00 am. Chili must be prepared on site, including the preparation and cutting of ingredients. If you serve rice, it may be prepared in advance. It is suggested that you prepare approximately 2-3 gallons of chili using approximately 20 lbs of meat.
- You will need to provide all ingredients and cooking equipment including serving tables. The Wheelhouse will not provide any ingredients or cooking equipment or utensils to any team.
- Chili for the judges will be picked up at approximately 1:30 with the results announced as soon as the judges make their decision.
- Awards will be for First, Second, and Third place. The public will be allowed to purchase a cup for $5.00 which will allow them to sample all contestants’ chili and to vote for a peoples’ choice award. All proceeds will go to the designated charity.
- You may bring bottled water to drink. You cannot bring in sodas or alcohol. Both sodas and alcohol will be available for purchase from the Wheelhouse restaurant.
- The Wheelhouse reserves the right to refuse the entry of any team and/or disqualify any team for a violation of these rules.